PROJECT DESCRIPTION: Loyalty Marketing Engagement
OVERVIEW: FPG was contracted by a large Mississippi gaming operator to analytically evaluate, design and assist in launching a revitalized players club program. In this highly competitive market, extensive qualitative and quantitative client research indicated no one players club resonated with customers amongst the competitive set, so our objective was clear: partner with the client to create and introduce a rewards program that would stand out from the market clutter, resonate with players, and ultimately drive profitable incremental revenue through greater customer loyalty.
SOLUTION: To build the best in class players club, FPG took a four-phased approach:
- Diagnostic of the status quo
- New program development
- Implementation strategy planning
- Training and deployment
Eight months after the client released the newly designed program; FPG was re-engaged by the client to perform a second round of detailed analysis of post launch results.
RESULT: Keys to success with this client program as well as others FPG has developed:
- Program simplicity. Easy to understand, easy to explain, easy to use!
- Buy-in and support from executive leadership to hourly front line employees through all-employee training and an aggressive internal communication strategy.
- Trust in the data. It is one thing to say “we manage by data” and another to walk the walk.
All Tiers showed improved year-over-year performance, but particularly the top tier, which proved that aspiration is essential to reward and recognize top customers.
Year-Over-Year Growth by Tier